Monday, November 10, 2008

Smile! You're Famous!

Tonight I received a great e-mail from the owners Cindy and Dan that I bought the Blue ’77 truck off of.

It’s awesome to see they are following along in the fun and resurrection of their old truck. I think it’s great because I know myself I’d love to keep track of what’s going on with one that I sell. The only problem is, I never sell them so I wouldn’t know what that would be like!!

They assured me even before even my latest posts, they were not to blame for some of the crazy things about the truck, and credited for all the fun bonuses I’ve encountered. That makes me breathe a lot easier as I really, really, wanted to comment on a few things. :-)

Hearing from them does kind of make me wonder what happened to Amanda and Tom Steele who I bought my ’70 off of on May 19th, 1998 in Belgrade, Montana. I talked to Amanda for probably 3 months before I drove out and bought the truck, and even talked to near daily for the next year or two after that.

They had goals of moving away from the “Yuppy Invasion” of Montana to Wisconsin and do some farming. I wonder if that ever happened. Someday when their truck is done I’ll have to take it back out to wherever they are and let them take their son Jay for a spin in “Grandpa’s old truck”.

On a lighter note, Cindy and Dan sent me that awesome picture at the beginning of this post that made me think of two things immediately:

First, why am I still in Akron, Ohio when there are places like Exit Glacier, Alaska to live and visit?

Secondly, is it just me, or does anybody else see a resemblance between Dan and my buddy Stu?



Yeah, I’m gonna be shot for this.. HAHA! Thanks guys!

No comments: