Sunday, November 2, 2008

Party Time!

The project was done, and I'm ready to call it quits for the winter on the truck. There are a number of small things that need to be done like a steering wheel horn pad, replace the front windshield gasket that isn't even close to fitting correctly and installing the stainless trim around it that should be there, along with a rear bumper and hooking up my reverse lights, but other than that...

So last Saturday I threw in the towel essentially and had to show off the finished product to my parents. If you've ever interacted with my Mom, you'd have to understand that any event, for any occasion, means cookies!!! And not just normal cookies- but the cookies that rival those ridiculous food network TV reality shows.

I got lucky- I got cake too. ;-)

Now, I would be remiss if I did not point out a few details here. Glancing over the cake photo, you can't help but notice the cake itself has the right body lines, the BFGoodrich AT tires, the red lockout hubs for the 4x4, amongst other small details. The cookies- well, they are equally as detailed right down to their metallic dark blue icing. Also worth mentioning are the chocolate spark plugs, chocolate pretzel tools, and the grapes? They are fake. :-D

But there was also one last surprise. Not only was this cake correct outside, but it was correct INSIDE as well! Che ck out that blue, white, and black interior!


1 comment:

Ash said...

That cake is freakin' awesome. You're mom should have her own show!